Space tourism is soaring. Sky high. Or rather, space high.
High enough that it deserves its own conference!
With decades of development behind it, and passing from its first phase—seven people have each paid millions of dollars to rocket to the International Space Station (ISS) as private space travelers with one flying twice—the space tourism industry has entered its next generation with private enterprise flights and a variety of other consumer offerings.
This next evolution of the market will yield major, long-lasting advances—including lunar flybys.
The industry is rocketing toward stratospheric value, with news breaking almost weekly from the major players driving the charge:
- Jeff Bezos (Blue Origin) and Richard Branson (Virgin Galactic) plan to offer passenger flights soon.
- Axiom Space is developing the world’s first private space station and just booked three space travelers at $55M each for ten days on the International Space Station (ISS).
- SpaceX and Boeing are testing manned capsules for orbital flight.
- Space Adventures and now SpaceX are inaugurating passenger lunar flybys in a few years and SpaceX is flying manned missions to the ISS.
- Numerous international space tourism ventures are in the works and Space Perspective will fly passengers near the edge of space in their luxury gondola and huge balloon.
- BILLIONS of dollars’ worth of space and Mars/future-themed theme parks, attractions, resorts and shows are on the books.
The Space Tourism Conference (STC) is an annual event that will be produced with support from the Space Tourism Society (STS), the world’s leading space tourism advocacy organization for over 20 years.
The April 28 conference date was deliberately chosen as the anniversary of Dennis Tito’s lift-off into the history books in 2001 as the world’s first private space tourist. Tito’s flight jump-started the space tourism industry, generating massive consumer awareness as to the possibilities of private space travel and commercialization of space through earth-based experiences.
A hallmark of the STC is a dynamic mix of executives and cross-section of industries:
space tourism flight providers ✦ private space station developers ✦ space enterprise strategists ✦ space investors ✦ entertainment executives ✦ astronauts ✦ media producers ✦ architects ✦ digital media experts ✦ futurists ✦ scientists ✦ space-themed fashion ✦ lifestyle designers ✦ consumer brands ✦ esports ✦ artists ✦ musicians ✦ high tech leaders
Attendees can expect concrete, actionable information, real-world use cases, and stellar deal-making.
PLUS you’ll have an insider track to the growth areas in space tourism, including earth-based space experiences, such as Zero Gravity aircraft flights.
STC examines the numerous VR simulations at science centers and space museums around the world, new space-themed TV shows and movies in the works, IMAX shows, and space touring exhibits.
Along with the latest industry information and great networking, STC attendees will be treated to an evening champagne reception and special Orbit Awards presentation.
The Space Tourism Society granted the first Orbit Award to Dennis Tito, and subsequently he’s been joined by such industry luminaries as Greg Oleson, Richard Branson, Bob Bigelow, the XPRIZE Foundation, Eric Anderson of Space Adventures and the Ansari Family.
Don’t miss it.
Join us in creating this exciting giant leap for humanity!